iTunes purchase history problem

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by nuno1959, Aug 22, 2011.

1. nuno1959, Aug 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011

macrumors member

hi guys !

reason i'm posting this here is simply because these ''ailments'' only started happening AFTER i installed Lion - but then again it could be TOTALLY unrelated !? please bear with me :

4 or 5 days ago when i tried to access my iTunes account to see my ''Purchase History'' to check something out, i started getting a message saying something like this :
    ''Temporarily unable to access your blah, blah, blah...please try later''

have been trying ever since with absolutely no success.....

then today i tried accessing the Apple Support Communities'', signed in as usual & when i tried starting a new thread, i selected ''New'' then ''Discussions'', then ''Mac OS X v10.7 Lion'' & all i got was :

''...Unautorized..'' in big bold letters, followed by

''...It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake...'' written/highlighted in a pink strip

as anyone experienced this recently ? does this allude to contacting my system's administrator ? reason i'm asking is that i AM using my usual user/administrator account - am i missing something here ?

any help would be most welcome, thanks !

2. macrumors 68030

Your iTunes account can only have 5 devices authorized to use it. If you reinstall or fresh install an OS (could have also happened with the update) you will end up authorizing a computer twice. You would need to go onto a Mac that is authorized, go into your account info and unauthorize all devices...then you can reauthorize the ones that are correct. It is a completely idiotic method...but thats how it works.

3. thread starter macrumors member

authorize...

Hi gentlefury

& thanks for your input !!

but i've just been to my iTunes account & it states the right amount of
    ''authorized devices'' - 3 in total, as was before installing Lion !

any other ideas ?

cheers