iTunes Q for Zero 7 fans...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Xtremehkr, May 22, 2005.

1. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

What equalizer setting works best for this genre of music. They are kinds lo-fi with a hint of electronica but not averse to using real instruments. The sound remains basically the same though, what setting do you use for them? I can't decide which one I like the best.

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i use the "treble reducer" setting for my ipod ( using sony 71's). i find their cd's well-mixed but a little on the sizzly side.

as far as instrumentation, they use quite a few "real" instruments on the " when it falls" cd. real bass, acoustic guitar and a drum kit...and a lot of fender rhodes keyboard which is pretty organic in my book.

if you ever get the chance to see them live--do it! an amazing show.

3. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Thanks for replying, I thought I had started the most unpopular thread ever.

I'll try that, they are very hard to fit when it comes to a genre.

And I will definitely try and catch them live, they are one of my favorite bands now.

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I'm a Zero 7 fan too - just so you know that you're not alone. But I tend to leave my music on Shuffle so don't play around with the equaliser settings since otherwise some genres just sound odd...

5. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    tina dico, who is one of the zero 7 vocalists, has a solo EP out that is worth picking up.

as far as setting eq's by genre', i don't bother...most cd's are mastered very similarly these days-squashed to the hilt with a good bump at around 5k to make the vox stick out on radio. i just turn the eq off when i'm listening thru something besides my in-ears.

as far as unpopular threads...at least there's three of us here with amazingly good taste! ;)

6. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Before now, I painstakingly went through thousands of songs so that the EQ was set correctly for each song. It would probably be just as good if it were left on neutral now that you mention it. Darn ;)

7. dollystereo macrumors 6502a

dollystereo

I just go neutral, i think that zero 7 is well mixed, and I dont like to turn on eq, beacuse my ipod suck more battery.

JE! Long live Zero 7!