iTunes Question!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Black Mamba, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Black Mamba macrumors newbie

Black Mamba

I have a question in regards to iTunes. I asked someone at an Apple Store, but he wasn't able to give me an answer.
    So here goes:

If you created a Playlist, containing, let's just say 2 files, one of which is a regular song (say Madonna's 'Borderline'), whereas the other is a music video clip of U2's 'With or Without You'.
    Is it possible, to play the two in succession in such a way, that the music video clip is displayed in full screen, and when it swtiches to the regular song, the visualizer is turned on....and vice versa?

I'm asking, because I have about 30 Video Clips, which I'd like to add to about 60 regular songs, to form a Party Mix. Then, I would project it all onto a big outdoor screen, with the clips showing in full screen, and regular songs played with a few fancy visualizations.

Is this possible? Or do I need a seperate player for that to work?
    Thanks

2. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

That would be too cool!:) iTunes cannot do that. There maybe something out there that can do it. I would like to know myself.:)

3. rubenm macrumors newbie

iTunes 7 Does this

One of the new features of iTunes 7 does exactly what you want to do it is just not well documented. Just go into preferences and under "Play Videos" select "full screen (with visuals)". You do not need any specail software to do it.

You then create your playlist with both videos and music and your off. :cool:

I have tried it, so I can tell you it works!

4. chasemac macrumors 6502a

chasemac

WOW!! Thank you myself! A feature to iTunes 7 I really, really like!:)