iTunes Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XP Defector, Feb 20, 2007.

1. XP Defector macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    How can you get iTunes to recognise that albums with different artists can be grouped together when arranged by Artist? Is this possible? I like having it arranged by artist, but it's annoying to have the odd song here and there ruining my anal order system! :)
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    Compilations. select the album > get info and check the album as a Compilation. then in the iTunes Prefs, make sure its set to group them together and on the top of your browsing column, under artist will be a group called "Compilations" that you can then go through my album
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Try using the album artist field... if I understand it correctly, this is exactly why it was added. You make the album artist the single artist for the album (or you can do "various artists") and then you make the artist field the artist for the song. Otherwise, what I have always done (which is imperfect) is to always set the Artist field for a song consistently across the album and then put the name of the specific artist in the title.

Here's more info on Album Artist: