iTunes Radio vs Pandora

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by exynos-octa, Jul 29, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

You think iTunes radio will be a hit or flop?

2. macrumors 603

Depends on who you ask. I personally like it because it's built right in.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

My first experience was, I was shocked to find it had the genres I listen to.

But it was taking a long time to load, then it froze so I never got a chance to listen.

The trend now is people aren't holding music on their devices, rather just listening to it from the cloud. I deleted all the music from my music app.

Saved me 6GB just about.

4. macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I'm a fan.

My experience is that the stations are much more accurate and varied than Pandora. Also, I'm a Match subscriber, so it is commercial-free for me.

5. macrumors member

Is it actually working commercial free now? I was gonna get match but waiting to see if it was first

6. macrumors 6502

I love iTunes Radio and I think it will be a hit. Pandora sucks. I prefer Spotify over Pandora but now iTunes Radio I'm sold

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not sure iTunes radio has the songs I'm looking for. Also the interface of Pandora is better.

You know the Store button always gets in the way, I hit it accidentally and it takes me out of the app.

8. macrumors regular

In my experience it tends to repeat songs day to day. Especially in the spanish genre. So ill probably use pandora for spanish and itunes radio for english.

9. macrumors 6502

But guys you still have to keep in mind that iTunes Radio is not fully done. Meaning it's still in beta form

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

Nothing Apple ever does is done.

11. macrumors 6502

Oh and in beta 4 of iOS 7 there is two new options to select explicit lyrics and change the music genre from hits, variety or discovery music

----------

iTunes Radio is not even officially released so why judge it