iTunes Radio was released today, except for me...

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Chad McCan, Sep 18, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Chad McCan

Where the F is iTunes Radio??? People are posting videos of using it. I have 3 atv's (all 3rd gen) and I don't have the icon on any of them.

My software is up to date and I've rebooted my units. I have a "radio" icon, but nothing that says "itunes radio".

Anyone else seeing this?

2. macrumors 68020

upgrade your phone/pad/ipod to iOS 7
    upgrade iTunes to the latest version.

it's not out for the aTV yet.

3. macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

no Apple TV yet buddy relax

4. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Some media outlets incorrectly stated that iTunes Radio was available for :apple:tv. It is not yet.

5. macrumors 6502

I was searching everywhere on my iPhone for it until I discovered that it's a US only thing. :(

6. macrumors regular

Jeaz

It's interesting to notice that the Apple TV update is not out yet. If it's just a day or two I wouldn't make too much of it, but if after a week and no update, it might be a sign that they are holding off for the rumoured Apple TV hardware refresh.

7. macrumors newbie

I wouldn't put to much into it. The beta is out and I've been running that for about a month or so, where I have been able to use iTunes Radio in Denmark.
    So I'm sure it's coming soon. iTunes Radio works fine, but I must admit, that for me personally, it won't get much use, as I don't see why my plasma tv should burn all that power to hear radio.

8. macrumors regular

You need to hook your ATV via optical into some kind of sound system. That way you can use it to stream music from your computer, or from radio when it hits, without the TV being on. I use the Kanto Yaro system for this:

http://kantoliving.com/product/audio/yaro

9. macrumors 6502

Seems the Update did NOT come out on October 18th as it was supposed to. Everyone who has ITunes Radio on their Apple TV's are still running Apple TV 6.0 Beta 4 (which is based on IOS 7 Beta 5). They have to release the GM Seed before October 5th, that's when Beta 4 Expires.

I downgraded to Apple TV 5.X (NOT sure what the version number is) and so far no Update to 6.0 has been offered yet. I guess we just need to wait.

10. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Um, it only has been a day so far. (Not even 24 hours yet...)

11. macrumors 6502

Yes but here's the kicker, they pulled the betas from my developer section as well, there is no software for atv avail period right now (other than what's out) I am thinking they are doing something that they dont want the general public to get a hold of. Perhaps gaming since they now have the built in gamepad software in there, one of the things they talked about with ios 7.

12. macrumors 6502

It usually takes about a week for the aTV OS to be updated after an iOS update.

13. macrumors member

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one! :p

14. macrumors member

Mr X

I'm in the UK but simply sign in with a US Itunes account in iTunes or on the phone and I have Itunes Radio :)

15. macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

There you go, AppleTV update has been released, two days after iOS 7 for iPhone. Nothing to get worried about.