iTunes randomly starting...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by wakerider017, Nov 4, 2006.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Hi guys.

I tried to install some "alarm" apps. But I have since uninstalled them all...

I then created a workflow in Automator and saved it as a App that would start iTunes and play a random song from a selected playlist...

I went into account settings and told it run this application at start up.
    Then went into power savings and set my computer to wake up at a certain time...

It worked great as a Alarm...

OK

So now I went into account settings deleted the App to run during startup, and turned off the scheduled wake up....

Now my computer is coming out of shut down and sleep in random and starting itunes and playing music...

What the heck!?! Any idea how to fix this?

Her eis a picture of what was running when my computer randomly started and played itunes...

Attached Files:

2. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

3. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

How do you do that?

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Immediately after hitting the power switch to boot the machine, hold down Command, Option, P, and R. (Make sure you do this before the grey boot screen appears.) Hold them down until the machine reboots again and you hear the "bong" a second time. Then let go and allow it to continue booting normally.

5. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Is this like resetting bios?

6. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

it's more like cleaning out the registry. It'll basically dump all the system preferences.

7. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Not really. I keep all my prefs when I reset PRAM. In fact, I've never lost anything (except the problem that prompted the reset) ;)