iTunes rant and question.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drison, Sep 8, 2005.

1. drison macrumors regular

Apr 30, 2005
    Okay, so I recently sold yet another one of my Macs to purchase another and after loading all of my itunes library on the new Mac and plugging in my ipod, all of my itunes purchased music disappears from my ipod.

So I figure, no problem, I prolly hit my quota of 5 machines. So I attempt to deauthorize all my machines and am presented with a dialog indicating that I can only do this once per year!? Okay, what the heck is that all about?? It's *my* music. I purchased it and they take it off of *my* ipod.

Okay, so all is finally well. I emailed apple and they so graciously "manually" reset my machines, but why in the name of all that is holy should I have to go through that process? Shouldn't deauthorizing all of my machines do just that and what's with the stupid manual reset thing. Sheesh, I thought I left all that activation bs when I left Windows.

Okay, end of rant.

Does anyone have any reasonable, logical reason why they do this?

Please, enlighten me.

2. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Daytona Beach
    My guess is thats its the music peoples idea not apples. I think the concept is you might authorize 5 comps take them offline and then do it again.