iTunes remembers song play position...new?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mahonmeister, Nov 29, 2006.

1. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

Play a song part way in iTunes 7.0.2. Skip to next song. Skip to previous song. It remembers where you left off! Is this new with the recent update, or just iTunes 7? Or maybe not new at all? I often skip around with my music and then come back to the same song so this is great for me.

2. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

There is a thing in the options tab of the "Get Info" box in a song where you can check "Remember playback position", so perhaps you have that checked?

3. mahonmeister thread starter macrumors 6502

I just realized independently what you just said. Now I remember clicking that option a few days back thinking "what does this do?"

It seems odd to me that this isn't an option under iTunes preferences. Otherwise I would have noticed this sooner. Ya live and learn.

4. Lixivial macrumors 6502a

Lixivial

To answer your question as to whether this is new or not: This has been around for a good while. I'm inclined to guess it was implemented in the latter stages of iTunes 4, or during the jump to iTunes 5/6.

EDIT: Looked it up quick. It was implemented in the iTunes 5 release back in September of 2005 (for the 1G nano). I was figuring they may have implemented it back when they implemented video in iTunes 4.8 (or whatever the version it was in which they implemented video).