iTunes "research"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DougJrS, Apr 15, 2006.

1. DougJrS macrumors regular

Good afternoon all -

Is there a way to get iTunes to search your mac again for music, and REMOVE entries that it has for music that nolonger exists? I have the problem that when ever I open an MP3 it adds it to the iTunes library.

So basically I have a ton of songs listed in iTunes that don't exist anymore, and I want iTunes to remove them.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Doug

2. mannix87 macrumors 6502

iTunes should be able to detect them automatically. an "!" would be placed beside a song title whose data is no longer in your computer. I discovered this when I transferred some songs into another computer along w/ old/outdated Library data. Since it was fed w/ outdated info, the Library (of the 2nd computer) assumed that the songs were still there, but when I started playing some songs, the "!"s all came out to indicate that the song files could not be found although the song titles remained.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If you only want to listen to something once, you can preview it in the Finder or open it in QuickTime player.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Go into your edit then preferences and on the general tab and make your adjustments. You can tell itunes what do with new music as in not to copy new music etc.