iTunes - Ripping, Burning, Buffer issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by themacnetwork, Mar 13, 2004.

1. themacnetwork macrumors newbie

I am using a G3 ibook 800mhz and since I put 10.3 on, iTunes has cocked itself right up. I can't rip or burn CDs anymore because iTunes will either just freeze or give me some buffer nonsense. I am pretty low on RAM (256) but I don't think that's the problem. Does anyone know the fix or had the same problem? I can get around the burning issue by burning a CD at a slower speed.

Thanks.

Nick
    Long Beach, CA

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if you are getting "buffer underrun current" or something like that i think burning at a lower speed would fix that problem, also if you have toast and want to burn your cd as fast as possible there is a selection in the prefs that allows the prevention of that error automatically ajusting speeds and such then....

3. themacnetwork thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah. Thanks for that but the bigger, more strange problem is iTunes freezing when importing from a disc.

nick
    long beach, ca

4. cjc343 macrumors 6502

How did you install 10.3?

I would recommend that you do an archive and install, it always fixes everything......

BACKUP FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You also might want to try re-installing iTunes first....
    You won't lose any of your songs, so don't worry.

If that doesn't work, try using a different user account, If that DOES work, delete all of your preferences that start with 'com.apple" (~/library/Preferences ~/users/Your_user_Name/library/Preferences) Note that you will then need to restart your computer and reapply all of your preferences....

If Using a different user account DOES work, but deleting preferences doesn't, using an Admin account, delete your account (after backing up) and save it (the backup is just in case....) Then re-create your account and drag in all of your documents, movies, pictures, etc... Do not drag in your old Library....

Hope this works.....

5. hipponax macrumors newbie

maximum burn speed in itunes

Hi have just made a couple of coasters in itune by setting the burn at maximum speed for audio cds - it came up with the buffer underrun error leaving the last track scrambled - is there any way to toggle a buffer underrun protection or is this only found in toast?

As a recommendation would 12x be the fastest I could reasonably burn out without ruining loads of CD-rs? I have a g4 15inch powerbook with superdrive 1.25ghz

Jamie - Cardiff, Wales UK