iTunes screwed up big time...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Josias, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Josias macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2006
    Since I updated to iTunes 7.0.0 back in September, the progress bar in the widget stopped working. The rest of the widget, and it counts the seconds, but the progress bar stops working. (Yes, I have tried every possible soloution).

This weekend I did a clea install, something I like to do about once a year. Updated everything, iTunes 7.0.2. I imported all my stuff. Did not however copy the iTunes Music Library.xml or iTunes file. I typed in everything again (on TV shows and movies, the songs I had kept all their info). Widget still doesn't work.

I today updated to iTunes 7.1. Had hoped for the widget to work, no good. Now a bigger problem is this.

Earlier my TV shows were all sorted by show, and then inside each shows section, they would be sorted in seasons, and inside the seasons, by number. Now they're all screwed up. Whn I first opened iTunes after the 7.2 update, it said something like "updating iTunes library". I dunno if this could be something with them selling TV shows in Europe soon, I really don't care, I just want to arrange my TV shows as before.

Also a wierd thing is, that the little blue dots outside the episodes are indicating as if though I have unwatched episodes. I only thought this oocured with podcasts? I wouldn't know, since I can't buy TV shows from iTunes, but if any Americans could throw some light on this subject?

BTW: When I view the TV shows, the blue dots disappear, just as they would with podcasts. They are still screwed up in order though?

Edit 2: I noticed there are some new sorting options too, perhaps this could be related?
  2. czeluff macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2006
    mine also

My iTunes is also really messed up.

I open it up, and no music is there. No big deal, right? So I tell it to "Add To Library..." the entire "Music" folder. You can see it process through all of the album art, but then afterward, it still displays no music.

What should I do?

3. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2006
    Mine operates just fine - except when I import a CD that's got a scratch on it! Apple, please program in a time out on importing a damaged track and release the CD when iTunes is closed after an error. This has been a problem forever and needs to be fixed!
  4. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

Jan 25, 2002
    Orange County, CA
    For the original poster...

For the blue dot can select all your episodes, right-click (or control-click) and select the option "Mark as not new"...that will get rid of the blue dots.

As for correcting the sort order...I didn't have this problem, but a workaround is to select View Options... from the view menu and check the box next to "Episode ID". This will add a column to your shows with the Episode ID as the sort criteria. What I don't know is that if you imported shows from a DVD if you will have to add that information into the Get Info box manually or not.

Edit: Actually, I suspect if you just add the episode ID and number information in the Video section of the Get Info box, that it will sort correctly without having to display the added column.
  5. calculus Guest

Dec 12, 2005
    Do you have the 'use error correction..' preference enabled on the importing tab? This usually works for me if I have a dodgy disc.
  6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Aug 30, 2006
    You could try telling it to import the 'Itunes Music' file. Over the last few days iTunes has been occasionally telling me my library is missing and I keep having to show it the file and give it a shove the right direction 'it's right there, put your damn glasses on' ;)
  7. tammy418 macrumors member

Nov 15, 2006
    That happened to me yesterday when I installed iTunes 7.1, but i was able to play my music though i couldn't see them. I solved my problem by just reinstalling iTunes...