iTunes Season Pass: How does it work?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stampyhead, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

The other day I purchased the Season Pass for South Park season 10. On the page it says "This Season Pass includes all current and future episodes of South Park, Season 10. Current episodes will download immediately and future episodes will download as they become available." So I purchase it and the first episode (which is all that was there at the time) downloads. A few days later I noticed that there was another episode available, so I looked to see if it downloaded. It didn't. So I went back to the page figuring I need to download it manually, but the button next to the new episode says "Buy Episode." Does anyone know how this Season Pass is supposed to work? How do I get the new episodes? I'm hoping that it is not some email link or something like that, as the email address that is associated with my iTunes account is no longer functional (it was part of my now defunct .Mac account). Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    Thanks!

2. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

In iTunes, go to Advanced -> Check For Purchases.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to email iTunes Support.

3. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Yea for whatever reason, it doesn't automatically download like Apple says it will, so you have to 'check for purchases' whenever a new episode comes out. I got the South Park pass, but the third episode isn't up yet ;(

4. Stampyhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Oh yeah, I never thought about trying Check for Purchases.
    And there it goes. You guys are awesome! Thanks!

5. reh macrumors 6502a

You can update that email address through iTunes if you like. The only thing I'm not sure of is if they try to validate with your old email address (it's been a while since I've done it).

6. Stampyhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Really? I tried to do so but it wouldn't let me change it. Perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

7. reh macrumors 6502a

Go to the account section at the iTMS (via the button with your email address). I've done it twice and all my purchases still work fine.