iTunes Shared Music Hack

Discussion in 'Community' started by shwetty273, Feb 29, 2004.

1. shwetty273 macrumors newbie

Has anyone come across an iTunes Shared Music hack that allows the user to download shared music for the mac? I know myTunes for the PC exists, but I am looking mac program that does the same thing.

2. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

www.versiontracker.com

3. CMillerERAU macrumors regular

*tisk* *tisk* Why must we always try and take advantage of these sorts of things? I'm sure Apple had to do some serious tap dancing around the record companies to get them to agree to sharing songs over the net, and here we are doing everything we can to prove the record companies right. What's so wrong with just streaming? It doesn't load down my computer at all and I leave it on all the time for people to listen to. I think if people keep this up it will be the demise of sharing. Lets hope they don't crack AAC's DRM or else iTMS will dry up immediately when all the record companies pull out. Just play by the rules folks, it will make it all so much better for everyone in the long run.

4. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

Yep.

http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=86778&cid=7539106

Keep in mind that only works for tcsh. You'll have to rewrite some of it if you want to use it for bash (namely, the variables in bash aren't set with "setenv").