iTunes Shared Music Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macaddicttt, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

When I open up iTunes, I see about ten different people sharing their music on my network. After a minute or so, they start to disappear, one by one, until they are all gone. If I quit iTunes and open it up again, I see the shared music again. I don't understand what's going on. Has anyone seen this before?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

*bump*

Sorry, not a clue, although I'd be interested in hearing an explanation or answer for this one. Have you upgraded iTunes to the latest version? Maybe you can just delete iTunes off your system completely and download a new version from Apple.com. :confused:

3. Gee macrumors 65816

There was a chap who had the same problem a couple of weeks back - discussion here

Not sure if that thread actually solved anything, but you could have a read...

4. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Well, I reinstalled iTunes, and it appears to have fixed the problem, although I'm not sure how long it will last. Sometimes it takes longer than others for other people's shared music to start disappearing. Even if this did fix it, I'd still be interested as to what the heck was going on. I did have the lastest version before I reinstalled it, so I'm not exactly sure what reinstalling might have accomplished. But if it's fixed I guess it really doesn't matter. Thanks for the suggestion, Abstract.