Itunes Shared music

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by elec999, Feb 1, 2007.

1. elec999 macrumors regular

I have a very weird problem.
    I have my Pc Desktop sharing my Itunes library. My Laptop can see this library.
    On my mac I have my Library Shared. My Pc Desktop can see the Mac Shared Library. My Laptop can see both libraries. I tried turning on Laptop Library Sharing as well. The problem is that my mac cannot see my shared libraries. It cannot see my Pcs library, nor my Laptop. The Desktop PC can see the Laptop Library. The Laptop, Pc, can see my macs library. I checked in the Itunes preferences, the search for shared library is on, under parental control Disabled Shared Library is not active.
    Thanks

2. Gee macrumors 65816

It's probably your PC's firewall blocking it. Look up which ports you need to open in the firewall in order to enable iTunes sharing.

3. elec999 thread starter macrumors regular

I dont think my firewall is blocking since it, since my laptop can see it, But I did open ports 3689 tcp and 5353 Udp, and still wont see it on the Mac.
    Thanks

4. Gee macrumors 65816

You have three computers in this situation, right? Desktop PC, laptop PC, mac. And the PC desktop and PC laptop can see the libraries of the other two, but the mac cannot see any?

How are they all connect? Wired? Wireless? Via a router?

5. elec999 thread starter macrumors regular

Desktop Pc Library 1 - Connected Wired
    Laptop Pc Library 2 - Wireless
    Mac Library 3 - Wireless

Laptop can see Library 1,3
    Desktop can see Library 2,3
    Mac cannot see Library 1,2
    Thanks

6. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Have you installed Bonjour for Windows on the PCs? I've found my networking to be much simpler since I put that on my machine at home. I'm not sure what ports it opens, but it seems like an easy thing to try.