iTUNES smart playlists sync???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Toby Goodbar, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

Sep 8, 2006
    2 questions. tha second is what i REALLY want ta know.
    1st, is there a way to copy itunes playlists to ipod?

2nd, how can you sync an ipod playlist to transfer songs to the ipod from itunes? for example, i listen to alot of dancehall reggae and alot of artists use tha same riddims and do songs that may not make albums, so i label them as artist: riddims and made a smart playlist to include any song that has riddims as tha artist. tha problem is that when i accumulate alot of these i don't know which ones are which and tha playlist won't auto sync and transfer tha new songs to update tha playlist. so ipod smart playlist has like 60 songs while tha same exact smart playlist on itunes will have say 100.
  2. igucl macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2003
    The answer to the first question is, absolutely! Just drag the playlist from your iTunes source list to your iPod.

For the second question, I wouldn't go changing the artist names if I were you. I'm thinking that's an easy way to mess up the syncing. Isn't there some other identifier you could use to make the smart playlist work? Better yet, would it be unfeasible to add the desired songs to the desired playlist as you add them to your iTunes library? Just take care of the sorting right off the bat?
  3. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 8, 2006

i swear i've tried drag n drop playlist before and it wouldn't work... unless maybe i was tryin to drag playlists FROM tha ipod. in any case it worked.

then all i did was allow itunes to REPLACE tha one existing on tha ipod already and it automatically added tha missing songs.