iTunes software Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seabass069, Nov 4, 2006.

1. seabass069 macrumors regular

Is it possible to keep a copy of iTunes on an iPod, so that if I am in a situation where someone has mp3's on a laptop, with no internet connection, I could load iTunes onto there system and then transfer mp3's?

2. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

I used to do this. Just enable disk mode and put a copy of the iTunes installer on the iPod. of course you will have to install iTunes on that person computer but i think that is what you wanted to do.

3. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Seems like you would be able to. Just make sure you have a PC version and a Mac version (although windows might not be able to read your iPod if it is not formatted into something windows can read). You'd have to update those install files whenever they update the iPod firmware. When they do that you usually have to have the latest iTunes version. So if you update your iPod on your computer, then install the old iTunes from your iPod onto someone else's computer it might not work.

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I assume so, as you can with any other program... iPods can be used as hard drives, so you have to put the iPod into disk mode, and then drag put iTunes on it. When you plug your iPod into the other computer/laptop, the iPod needs to still be in disk mode.