Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zac100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2010
Equipment: I'm currently running iTunes 10 on my HP laptop. I have a 3rd or 4th generation iPod nano (can't remember which!), and a 1st generation iPad.

Background: I use the "song info" data in iTunes in a very specific way. I like for the "composer" field to ONLY be filled when the piece is classical, so anytime I download/rip an MP3 by, say, the Beatles, I delete the text that lists "Lennon/McCartney" as the composers. I also hate the "album artist" field, so I delete any text in there on all of my MP3s.

Problem: Once I get all the song info data the way I want on my laptop, I want that data to overwrite the conflicting data on my iPod and iPad when I sync them. When I make changes to song data on my laptop and I sync my iPod to it, the old data reappears on my laptop (I assume the old data from my iPod overwrites the changes I made manually).

Question: How do I make sure that the files sync from my computer with EXACTLY the same data I have manually entered?

Thank you for your help!
Zac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.