iTunes - song frequency & rating

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dave00, May 3, 2006.

1. Dave00 macrumors 6502a

It seems like there should be a way to do this, but I can't figger out how. I want to have songs that I like more, to play more often than songs I like less. Seems like ratings should take care of this, but since iTunes on random play just picks an order and plays all the songs, rather than randomly selecting one each time, you'd probably have no way to avoid playing each song with the same frequency.

By the way, this is on my Windows (ack) machine at work.

Eternally indebted to whoever can help me fix this. If I have to hear one more song from my wife's Disney collection I might scream - although once in awhile is okay.

Dave

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Use Party Shuffle and check the "Play higher rated songs more often" option...

...or just make smart playlists where playcount and/or rating is part of the criteria...

3. Dave00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey thanks- i never really knew what that party shuffle was for. Other than the ability to play higher rated songs more frequently and a list of previously played and upcoming songs, are there any differences between this mode and the regular library mode?

tanx!
    dave