iTunes Song Selection Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by joshwest, Apr 19, 2006.

1. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

This might be a really stupid questions but is their away you can highlihgt song selections all at once hat are shaded or non. Like say you have a album opened and you convert them all the AAC and then you accidentaly click on a song then the ones that were copied loose their highlighted status. Cause one time i Converted like 20 artist to aac and messed up and clicked on a different artist. I think people have had similar problem and im not sure if their is a solution other than clicking every selection, highlighting them and dragging them to trash.(sorry for quick type and grammar error's, im just in a hurry)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm a bit slow and not quite sure what you're wanting exactly but maybe try converting from a playlist. Pick the songs you want to modify and create a temporary playlist for them. This way, you'll keep a link to all of the originals.

Also, when converting and eliminating double ups, I find tactful use of the Smart Playlists can come in handy. :)

3. joshwest thread starter macrumors 65816

joshwest

Yeah i know it sounds confusing im just wondering if there is a key combo that will let you highlight every other track.

4. Gee macrumors 65816

Another way round your problem. If you control-click on the column headings at the top (Name, artist, album, etc), you get a list of other columns you can add.

If you add 'Kind', it will show whether the track is an mp3 or aac. You can click on the Kind column header to sort by Kind, meaning all your aacs will be listed first, then all your mp3s - you can then delete the mp3.

You could do much the same thing with 'Date added' because all of your newly converted aac files will have been added today.

Make sense?

5. joshwest thread starter macrumors 65816

joshwest