itunes sound fuzzy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ernie Martin, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Ernie Martin macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2006
    Will someone please help an old man out. i have a Power MAC and my itunes have started to sound fuzzy, like when the needle on the 78 was full of dust. Anyone rember the 78'S ? Oh well, also, about a year ago I took my MAC to the apple store in MPLS for some help and when I got it home, my purple itunes was GONE and had been replaced with a GREEN one, AND some of my itunes are gone, where did they go and how can I get them back AND many of them have an ! in front of them and they can not be played. What has happened to my itunes ? It is not my ears because my brother also thinks they sound fuzzy, no my speakers do not take a battery. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I am 62 and do good just to turn it on I will need very good step by step directions, do this and this will happen THEN do this and this will happen
    Thank you very much for your time and help with my problem
    I may not be able to find my way back here, if you have any ideas would you be so kind as to e-mail me direct at
    Ernie in Cresco
    Cresco is so far from the closes TV station we do not get the TODAY show...till tommorrow
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Okay then. Find one of your music files that's fuzzy and while pressing CONTROL, select the file (do this on a file that doesn't have an exclamation mark next to it) and then select Show Song File from the menu that comes up. Now, drag this file to the blue Q in your Dock (QuickTime) or alternatively, press CONTROL and click this file to get another menu. In this menu, navigate to Open With and select QuickTime. Play this song. Is it still fuzzy?

As for the icon, your iTunes app was updated to a newer version. You can change the icon but it may be a bit of a hassle finding the purple icon first. Someone else may be able to help you out here.

...And the lost song files? Well, they must have somehow been moved, renamed or deleted from Finder (that's the app that runs the windows you keep all your files in). Maybe do a search in Finder for the songs that have this mark next to them and if they're found, drag them into iTunes. :)