iTunes stops playing grrr.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thestaton, Dec 20, 2006.

1. thestaton macrumors 6502

Jan 19, 2006
    This has been an annoyance of mine for a long time with iTunes and I'm hoping someone has a fix.

Lets say you are listening to track 2 on the new killers album. however you are looking around your library at other artists you might want to listen to next, if you single click on a new band then as soon as track 2 stops itunes will not play anymore.

I wish for the life of me iTunes would just keep on playing the killers cd until I tell it to stop.

another example.

today I was building a play list and I was enjoying the plain white t's new tune. while dragging songs to a new playlist as soon as the plain white t's finished no more music.

is there a way to fix this?
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Use your playlists more. If you're running a search and you eliminate the currently playing track from the window you're playing in (whether that be the library or a playlist), then iTunes won't know which song to play next. If you play your music from a separate playlist but do your searching/fiddling in the library (or even another playlist), then this problem shouldn't occur. :)