iTunes Store account and Apple ID

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Piepz, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Piepz macrumors member

Hello,

Didn't know where to post, so I decided that this would be the best place..

Anyway, I want to create iTunes Store account, so I can get album artwork for my music and purchase some songs in future, but the problem is that Latvia (the EU country where I'm live) isn't on the list when I want to create it. I tried to register as UK resident with fake address, but they automatically recognized that my credit card isn't from UK.
    I also registered at that paypal-like service called "click-and-buy" which Apple support, but once I had to confirm registering it with iTunes, iTunes showed me the message, that countries do not match..

Is there a way to bypass this thing? I know that I could register just fine if I had UK's or Ireland's credit card, but I don't. Seriously Apple.. why do they care so much from where my credit card is ? As long as I'm willing to pay them, they should be fine with that..

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

It's because certain songs are only licensed in certain countries, so you have to be in those countries to buy them.

I usually just find the album art I need in amazon.

3. Piepz thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, but I have so many music, that I don't even want to sit all day at my computer and search for album artwork.
    Just creating the account would be fine for beginning..

4. MiniMan. macrumors regular

i belive you can get programs that do this for you!!

i think there is a setting on "GimmeSome Tune" which gets the album artwork straigt from amazon!!

hope this helps..