iTunes Store blank?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by TheMacBookPro, Nov 10, 2011.

1. macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Hey,

I've been having this iTunes store issue since I installed iTunes- the Store and Ping load halfway then gives up and just shows me a white screen.

I'm on the latest version of iTunes x64 (already tried reinstalling with a new copy straight off Apple.com/iTunes), running on a fully updated version of Windows 7 Home Premium x64. I don't have Quicktime nor Safari installed.

Oddly enough, the View Account option does work, but it isn't displayed normally (it's a basic view, with just text, hyperlinks on a white background and no formatting or images). The update option in the Applications tab does work fine, the updates page loads up perfectly.

I have configured the firewall to let iTunes work on both private and public networks, and indeed the Diagnostics built-into iTunes tells me that it can connect to the Store.

My iPhone can connect to the App Store and the iTunes store on the device itself just fine, but I'm still getting a blank screen even when tethered to the iPhone's 3G connection so it's probably not a internet service issue?

Does anyone know what I can do?

Thanks.

2. thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Diagnostics result:

Thanks.

3. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Looks like Windows Firewall is to blame here...

These two lines from your diagnostic confirm my suspicions:
    Code:
    Windows Firewall is on.
    iTunes is NOT enabled in Windows Firewall.

4. TheMacBookPro, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011

thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

I thought that too, but the box for both private and public networks in the 'Allow a program through Windows Firewall) is checked.

Strangely, rather than just timing out on a white screen, this happens now:

[​IMG]

Completely turning off the firewall results in this:

5. thread starter macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Anyone? I'm not even getting a time out error any more, iTunes just gives up halfway and shows me a blank screen.

6. macrumors regular

I'm having an issue with home sharing and ran some diagnostics in iTunes and it says it's not enabled in my firewall on my win 7 x64 but it is.

iTunes can connect to the store and I can make purchases and etc.
    I have verified in advanced firewall configs itunes is allowed across the board.
    I have no issues with homesharing via macbook pro.

Has anyone found what causes the diagnostics to say it's blocked by windows firewall? Hoping the solution will fix my home sharing issue.