iTunes Store Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Loser120588, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Loser120588 macrumors member

Jan 11, 2007
    I am new to itunes Store and i just bought an Hour TV show and it takes for ever to download and then it gives me an error Message ever so often that it timed out. My connection speed is just basic DSL so it shouldnt be that slow,but my questions are how long should it take to download an hour tv show and how can i fix that error message. thanks for the advice
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    On the basic level of Cable internet, using an 802.11g router (AEBS), it takes me about 3-5 minutes, I think. It was fast, at least, the few times I tried it.
  3. Loser120588 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 11, 2007
    whats Wrong

well then what am i doing wrong it has taken me over 5 to six hours to download it and it is still not done
  4. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Define low end DSL.

Some DSL used to be ~384 kbps, in which case it would make sense that it could take up to 2x longer than the show to download a show since the shows tend to be encoded ~768 kbps.

The timeouts could be in your router or at your ISP, or iTMS could be having a malfunction...

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Also, are you doing anything else with your connection at the time? That would also slow it down.