iTunes store issues.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rajj, May 8, 2003.

1. Rajj macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Well I was trying to end my Five-year absence from buying music, via Apple?s music store, but it seems to me that Apple or the music companies do not wont my money, because the iTunes store keeps rejecting my credit card, stating that the information does not mach my bank records!

Is their any way to get around this, or is there a number I can call?

If not, I?ll just keep getting my music for FREE!!
    ;) :p

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: iTunes store issues.

Odd... you can try your bank.

arn

3. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Re: Re: iTunes store issues.

It?s not the bank, it the service!!
    I check all my bank records, and made sure everything was correct!!
    Thanx anyway.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Can you order online from other merchants with the same credit card? Did you try the iTunes Music Store on more than one day? Sometimes a "glitch" prevents merchants from verifying a card, and they invariably say "your credit ain't good here" or "information does not match" when they really mean "we couldn't connect to our verification service just now".

P.S. I never bothered to look up your latitude and longitude before, but I did just now to see if you were in the U.S. Yup, and I've even been to your city a couple of times.

5. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

weird

I had the same problem. Come to figure out, somehow my zipcode was pulled up incorrectly, thus making my information not valid. Be sure to check all of the info thoroughly. ;)

6. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

I always use this card to purchase things online, and I have never had a problem before!!
    I take it as a sign?.Free music forever!!!
    I will probably try tomorrow.

P.S.
    My coordinates are not far from you city (by plane that is)!!!

7. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

It is probably apple is more thorough about checking for fraud. I had a card that I used on-line tons and I finally hit a company that refused it. It turns out that they were using software to check that the address that I gave them was identical to my credit card statement. On the address I gave them I didn't abbreviate the word suite like I did on my credit app... (ste)

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

And only "minutes" away by car, the way most people drive that route.

I sometimes use my work address for a shipping address, and some orders wouldn't verify because my address wouldn't match the credit card billing address. So I asked the credit card company to add both home and work addresses to my account, and now the sites that are more thorough about checking for a match work fine too.

9. Rajj thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rajj

Minutes???
    I doubt that…. I once drove 115 MPH all the way to L.A. , and it still took me 2hrs and 45 mins to get there!!

By plane, it only takes

Everything is up-to-date on my end…because I just bought some RAM with the same card…and I had no issues!!!

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I had "minutes" in quotes because I was joking about the large number of drivers who always seem to be going for the Guinness record. (And, of course, you can convert 2.75 hours to 165 minutes if you like.)

My conclusion is that Apple wants you personally to get your music elsewhere, even though they want the rest of the country to buy it from the iTunes Music Store. Sorry.