iTunes Store Price Tracking

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jeb2u, Feb 7, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Oct 6, 2010
    Does anyone know of a website/app that will track iTunes music/movie/tv show prices? What I'm looking for is a service similar to what the AppShopper site/app does for apps, but for music/movies/tv shows for sale on the iTunes Store.
  2. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    I know this thread is almost a year old, but I've been looking for exactly the same thing. Did you ever find such an app or site that tracks iTunes prices for TV Shows/Movies?
  3. thread starter macrumors member

Oct 6, 2010
  4. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    Strange... with all the app price tracking wites & apps out there, you'd think someone would have one for music/movies/tv shows...
  5. macrumors 6502a

Mar 24, 2011
    Send a request to That might be something that would attract them. It's already a fantastic site for tracking Amazon, Best Buy and Newegg.
  6. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    Good idea. I use camelcamelcamel for Amazon - would be exactly what I'm looking for...
  7. macrumors 6502

Mar 30, 2012
    I almost never buy music from iTunes. Has been more 100% of the time for me. I go to Amazon, and usually save about 30% on music over iTunes.
  8. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    I rarely buy music from iTunes, but frequently buy TV shows...
  9. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    Checked in with camelcamelcamel (never heard back) and AppShopper (not on their radar)... hope someone does something with this idea...
  10. macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2011
    Dundee, Scotland, UK
  11. macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2014
    I had an idea...

I'm also looking for a solution for searching for cheap movies. The prices on many older films go up and down constantly.
    For example, the other day, movies like Ghostbusters 1 & 2, 28 Days Later 1 & 2, King Kong (Extended), Alien 1 & 2 (Director's Cut), the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and MORE were all lowered in price to $9.99… Two days later, and they're back to their normal prices. The sale was unadvertised, and only up for a day!
    Any system to monitor these random price drops would be stellar.

Anyway.. the iPhone has a web app available in the iTunes store called IFTTT (If This, Then That). I think there might be a way to use RSS feed to send a push notification or text message command straight to your phone whenever it's updated..
    I have not tried it yet though..
  12. macrumors newbie

Jun 26, 2009
    check this App out Kinohunt
    It tracks both SD/HD rent/buy prices and send you push notification whenever there is a price drop. just like AppShopper for movies.
  13. macrumors newbie

Jan 10, 2013
    Do you know if it works for TV shows/seasons as well?