iTunes Store won't accept my Visa Debit

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smwatson, Oct 8, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

Sep 30, 2005
    London, England
    I've put the card number and security code in correctly several times, but it still won't accept my Visa Debit card as valid payment method...

Anyone know why?
  2. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    Is it the UK store? Sounds like you're in the UK so maybe that is it? I also know once I tried to use my card to send a gift and it declined that and 3 others. I was so worried but I saw my funds were in my banks. It turned out to be iTunes' issue not my own. Perhaps wait and try later.
  3. macrumors Core

Mar 17, 2005
    London, England
    I have debit card details plugged-in and functional in iTunes UK. I'm guessing it's not because it's a debit card. Do you have another card to try? Short of that I am not sure what to suggest other than calling your bank. I hate when technology fails like that.
  4. macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2009
    Try leaving out the issue number if prompted for that. While most Visa Debits have one, they are not actually required.. and (from experience) ususally mess up transactions.

I've only ever used visa debits on my itunes account, and (due to various renewals and reissues) am on my third card for payment puropses.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jun 22, 2011
    it may be because its under a savings account.
    i had the same issue and rectified it by changing to a cheque account
  6. macrumors 6502a

Sep 19, 2005
    Palo Alto CA.
    I sure hope smwatson has this issue resolved. It was almost 2 years ago:eek:
  7. macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Feb 5, 2007
    Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    its a UK think, they work HERE
  8. macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2011
    if you give mre your card number and security code i can sort it out for you LOL:D
  9. macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2011
    I live in the U.S., but the card didn't work, so I don't think it's a U.K. thing.