Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelight

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Am I limiterd to downloading from the iTunes store in the country I'm in, currently the UK, or can I download from any store. For one thing, the US store has a lot of tracks and artists that aren't available on the UK store. The main reason though would be price. Tracks are 79p each in the UK store, and with the dollar dropping through the floor, that works out to about $1.50. Downloading from the iTunes US Store at 99 cents a track makes a lot of sense.
Have they got a system in place to stop this ?

Larry

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
eyelight said:
Am I limiterd to downloading from the iTunes store in the country I'm in, currently the UK, or can I download from any store. For one thing, the US store has a lot of tracks and artists that aren't available on the UK store. The main reason though would be price. Tracks are 79p each in the UK store, and with the dollar dropping through the floor, that works out to about $1.50. Downloading from the iTunes US Store at 99 cents a track makes a lot of sense.
Have they got a system in place to stop this ?

Larry

You can’t do this easily. You have to have a valid credit card/address in this country to get an account. And I think Apple says it’s illegal in their EULA. In the beginning there was this guy from Canada who did something like that and I think he lost his songs or something like that after Apple found out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.