iTunes style software for DVD'S?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marknicholls, Jan 26, 2005.

1. marknicholls macrumors 6502

I am starting to rip all my DVD's to my mac. Is there any software avaliable so i can keep them organized like my music in itunes?

Many Thanks

2. homeshire macrumors regular

fennel dvd manager is a piece of freeware i found at versiontracker. a simple search will find it for you. it's not overly-burdened with features, but it is freeware, and i've found it quite satisfactory as a simple database of my dvd library. i can also say that there are a number of shareware options also available at versiontracker. more featured, but not free. :)

3. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

Is is possible to rip DVD's into this software and run the DVD's from the software?

4. vashim66 macrumors member

http://www.delicious-monster.com/

I don't have it, but it looks pretty sweet and exactly what you're looking for.

5. vashim66 macrumors member

yes, just use apple's dvd player and choose open Video_TS folder from the file menu. You're going to need lots of disc space though:)

6. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

damn thats looks good! i cant wait to get home from work and have a play with it now!

7. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

Undecided to get a mac mini and hook it to my TV with a 500gb extrenal HDD or to get a 500gb hdd for my mac and run it with a AV sender...