iTunes superbowl

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by dukemeiser, Feb 1, 2004.

1. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Just saw the add watching the superbowl. Pretty cool.

2. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

Yeah I saw it too :)

Does anyone think Apple will still have their own ad?

3. Pilgrims Pro macrumors regular

Hope so. :D

4. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

5. dukemeiser thread starter macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

6. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

No Apple commerical.

No new products..unless something comes out on Tue.

I'm getting abit depress now

7. MetallicPenguin macrumors 6502

Something will either come out tomorrow, Tuesday, or after the Pepsi Promotion :p (there would have to be)

8. syco macrumors member

9. howard macrumors 68020

howard

man i hear you there

lame commercial... plus they only printed "itunes" they never showed any screens or said for windows and mac or anything..it was all pepsi pepsi pepsi

10. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I do believe that Pepsi prolly paid for the commercial. I mean, Apple already got the money for all those 99¢ songs so they don't need to advertise.

11. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Exactly. iTunes was not the focus of the commercial, Pepsi was. Which would be fine if Apple had put up their ownn ad announcing something... ANYTHING... but no.

I''m not in the market for anything right now, but a lot of people are, and they're all waiting for an update of some sort.

C'mon Apple!!!

12. dukemeiser thread starter macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Exactly my thoughts. But why would Apple care if they advertised iTunes? They've already gotten the money from Pepsi. Those who want free songs will buy Pepsi. Those who buy Pepsi and win will get iTunes. I would say the majority of those who play to win will already have iTunes anyway.

13. bertagert macrumors 6502

I don't know how much affect the ad had. A few of the people I was with caught it. I think that's because I just bought a winning bottle of Pepsi though. Speaking of which. I can't use itunes on my computer because I'm oon Win 98. Does anyone want to get a song for me so I can use it on my iPod? It would let you have a song for free as well. PM me and let me know. You would have to agree to my song but I'll try to pick out a soong that would please almost anyone. I'm really just wanting to try this out. You would have to email me the song or put it on a sever so I could down load it.

14. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I was with a couple non-geeky friends (yeah, I have a couple) and they thought the ad was very amusing. Especially when the girl said "I'm STILL going to download music off of the internet."

Me, I had already seen the ad, so I wasn't too impressed. I could only imagine how many people are just going to toss their winning tops away becuase they have no interest.

15. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Apple Logo

Found this on lauch

Attached Files: