iTunes + TimeMachine + 500GB Sata = Help?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by illegalprelude, Jan 29, 2007.

1. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hey you guys, i had a question and it might not be answerable till Leopord comes out but ill give it a shot.

Currently, I have my PMG5 with a 160GB internal for everyday stuff (iLife, Office,Pages etc). I then have a external 120GB for backups (using Carbon Copy) and then I have a 320GB external set for Final Cut Pro use only.

Now, im starting to get down to mid 30GB free from my main HDD and so I just purchased a 500GB Sata drive and installed it in the second bay. I originally thought I would just transfer my iTunes folder to that, seeing how its taking up the most space but that then reminded me of TimeMachine and how that will make backups and such.

Should I keep the 500GB free for once Leopord and Time Machine hit, should I raid my hard drives and create one big drive?

Any comments towards my current situation is welcome as im looking for a solution I might be over looking.

Thanks in advance as always :)

2. oceanmonster macrumors regular

I'd use that new drive for normal stuff on you mac and use your 120 GB external hard drive that you use know for backups to run time machine.

3. illegalprelude thread starter macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

hhmm. that might just be the solution. Wish I could have my two drives the other way around.