ITUNES TO FINAL CUT EXPRESS?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by COACH22, Mar 26, 2005.

1. COACH22 macrumors newbie

Can someone tell me how to change the format of itunes so they can be imported into Final Cut Express? I have been told it can be done but have no idea how.

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Its real simple. Just drag the song to the desktop (from the iTunes window) it'll make a copy of the song. Than use a program like this to convert the file to aiff (which is a better sound quality)

Than in FCE go File>Import>file (or something like that i have FCP so i'm assuming the menus are similar)

The file will then show up and your set to go.

3. Sweetfeld28 macrumors 65816

Sweetfeld28

Or...

You could just go into iTunes> Prefrences> Importing

Then choose AIFF Encoder from the Import Using pull down menu. Make sure that you settings for importing into FCE are good. Click the Settings pull down menu and go to Custom; use these settings for use with DV: kHz should be 48.00, 16 Bit Sample Size, and in Stereo.

Then, close the Prefrences window, go back into your song and right click on it. Click on the Convert Selection To AIF (or AIFF?). This will then create another copy of your existing song, except with higher quality, size, and of course in a diffrent format.

Then just import the file into Final Cut Express. But remember to change back your importing format back to the format you want your songs to imported as for later use.

Ryan

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Just to point out... converting an MP3 to an AIFF will not improve its quality.

It's exactly like taking a JPG and saving it as a TIFF, it may result in a larger file-size but the Mac won't put back what isn't there in the first place.

Once the file is downsampled, resampling up won't magically restore its quality.

GIGO

5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

If it is a song purchased from the iTMS, then you can bring it into iMovie and export it. Then you can open it in Quicktime and export it as an AIFF.

That's probably the easiest way around the DRM.