iTunes to WAV files?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KevRC4130, Dec 22, 2004.

1. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Hello everyone,
    This christmas I am getting a new cellphone (the Siemens S65/ S66 depending where you live :cool: ), and I have read that it can have .WAV files as ringtones. I know the songs in iTunes use a weird format, so I am wondering how I could convert a song from iTunes to .wav for ringtone use. If it requires a program to download, please include a link!

Thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Are you referring to files from the iTunes Music Store (iTMS)? If you are, the only way I know of to get WAV files from those is to burn them to CD, then re-import as WAV. If you're just talking about any old file that iTunes knows how to play, then you can simply use iTunes' "Convert to..." feature - just go into preferences, select Importing, select WAV Encoder for Import Using, and leave the Setting on Automatic. Then, select the file(s) to convert and choose Convert Selection to WAV from the Advanced menu. (Trying the second method on a file from the iTMS won't work - the Convert To menu item will be grayed out and unselectable.)

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

iTunes supports a variety of very standard formats (MP3, AAC, AIFF, etc.) If you are referring to purchased songs from iTMS then they are AAC with DRM. wrldwzrd89 is the best option since I doubt quality is much of a concern since its a cell phone.