iTunes TV shows bigger?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by runninmac, Jan 22, 2006.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Is it me or do the iTunes shows now appear to be 2x the size? But it also seems that the quality didn't go 2x, maybe 1.5 higher quality?

EDIT: Wow, i feel so stupid, I think my friends just changed the size of them without telling me because when I upscale them they look just the same as the old ones... ok move along nothing to see here

2. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Not so fast.

Actually, I just watched last weeks episode of Surface. The quality of last weeks episode compared to one of the earlier ones is HIGHLY noticably better! I'm not sure of the difference in bit rates / file size because I haven't checked yet.. can do that later... but still. I wanted to point out that there is a BIG difference in quality. How do I know? I watched it full screen on my 15" PB. The latest episode definitely was compressed at a high bit rate. I wonder if other TV shows are being offered higher quality too?

3. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

I hope so, I mean the smallest screen you can buy from apple is 1024*768.... and we have iTunes with 320*240.......c'mon......2005 was the year of HD, give it to us ;)

4. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

If you feel like ponying up $4 for say the 1st episode of Surface and for the most recent one go give it an eye test and see for yourself. To me I was pleasantly surprised watching it last night. I had to go back after it was over and compare it to the first episode just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Like I said, I don't know if this goes for all TV shows on iTunes but it would be nice if it did. Maybe there were too many complaints about the quality so Apple upped it?