iTunes TV Shows in Full Screen

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DavidLeblond, Dec 8, 2005.

1. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

I apologize if this has already been said... I did a search but didn't delve very deep. Anyway...

So I bought an episode of Lost from iTunes. The episode where it shows what happens to the tail section, apparently my DVR decided not to record it. I looked at it briefly on my iBook and noticed I could view it full screen. Then I copied it to my wife's Mac Mini (I'm authorized on that computer too) so we could watch it on a bigger monitor but, lo and behold it doesn't give me any option for full screen. What gives?

2. Stratification macrumors regular

Do you have QuickTime Pro on your machine? I'm not 100% sure, but that could very well be the difference.

3. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

QuickTime Pro is not required to watch full screen within iTunes. Is your wife's iTunes updated to the latest version?

4. DavidLeblond thread starter macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

No Quicktime Pro, and I'm pretty sure its the latest version. Tho, I'll check when I get home.

5. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

I haven't really researched this issue much, but I did notice that you can set the default window size to "Full screen".

Select "Preferences" and then "Playback" and choose "Play Videos: in fullscreen."

However I do not know how to alter this while viewing a movie.

Hope this helps.

6. betbest1 macrumors regular

Right-click on the video playback window and choose Full Screen.

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

What is the quality like when viewing it on a computer monitor? I know it the resolution is really good for a 2.5" iPod screen, but it seems really low for anything bigger.

And how did you get it on two computers? I'm authorized on both of my computers and can't figure it out how to transfer purchased media from one computer to another.

8. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

If you copy the whole iTunes library from your Music folder over to the music folder of another computer, does that not work anymore?:confused:

9. themacmaestro macrumors member

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

As has been said, you don't need QT Pro to watch fullscreen in iTunes. If the video is playing in a separate window, right/control click and select "full screen". If it's in the small album art window, click it to get the separate window.

11. briangig macrumors regular

make sure the video is playing in the seperate window before you right click it.