iTunes Unofficial Artwork - Movies and TV Shows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gtyper, Mar 5, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

gtyper

Get artwork the movie industry deems you unworthy to have.
    You've bought your content - enjoy it on your HDTV properly!

[​IMG]

UPDATES TO THIS THREAD:
    04/25: After a long time of doing this thread, I was talked into putting all the posters onto a site rather than relying on this thread and imageshack (which kept removing the posters). I will still take personal requests on this thread, but I will not be updating the artwork on it. The links to the art will remain, but I will *NOT* be updating them.
    The new website is:
    www.getvideoartwork.com
    We are talking to the MetaX developer in hopes of integrating into MetaX's system and we're trying to initiate talks with the TagChimp developer to try to help him out as well. We'll see where it goes. Anyhow, enjoy the site and feel free to add and request over there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Unofficial iTunes Artwork Thread. Obviously you're a movie fan, either with a movie collection or you just like the artwork. Either way, we're in the same boat. The problem is that the movie industry doesn't like you to determine how best to view your purchased (and legal) content. They want to dictate it to you. As such, they don't support you watching a new DVD encode through your AppleTV or Mac Mini - much less offer the artwork to make it look clean. Forget that!

This thread is designed to let the creative geniuses in our collective Mac hearts come forward. How so? It will house unique and custom artwork for your movies, whether they are offered through Apple's iTunes store or not.

This thread is only for unique and user generated artwork!

Now, some of us are completely anal when it comes to our art and we want the "official" (read: controlled) artwork that pours from Apple. If that's you, or you just want to peruse the content, there is a thread designed for it:
    iTunes Official Artwork - Movies, TV Shows and Short Films

Please read and follow all the rules below if you are wanting to either use the artwork or submit some:

1) The artwork must be either a user generated image or a one-sheet that is unique from the iTunes store. No exceptions.
    2) Movie artwork must have a minimum width of 1000 pixels (generally the size: 1000X1500 is preferred or at least a 1:1.5 ratio, otherwise I will try to resize the submission)
    3) TV Show artwork must have a resolution of 600X600. No exceptions.
    4) Any artwork that says 'Widescreen/Fullscreen' or a 'DVD' logo, is not allowed.
    5) You are NOT allowed to upload artwork to this site as an attachment to a reply, use ImageShack.
    6) To request artwork, submit a request form and the size of the image you'd like.
    7) There can be multiple unique images for each movie up to a maximum of 4.
    8) Please use 'Smaller Font' by clicking here, to view the page properly.
    9) I have the final say. If your work is not up to snuff, it will not make it online.
    10) Enjoy!

*SUBMITTING ARTWORK:
    If you would like to submit original artwork, upload it to ImageShack and send the link in a private message to gtyper.*
    Send all original iTunes artwork the same way to energiie.

[​IMG]
    Still need help, or have any questions? Send me a message and you'll get a respond within 24 hours.

On Request & Recently Filled
    Still open requests (as of April-11):
    Galaxy Quest (marklight)
    Alice In Wonderland (phoxrenvatio)
    Cruel Intensions 2 (felixflex)
    Howard Stern: Private Parts
    Sybil (phoxrenvatio)

Recently Filled:

[​IMG]

Movies
    The high-def, user generated goodness!

#'s
    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    X
    Y
    Z

[​IMG]

TV Shows
    600X600 Images Of Boob-Tube Joy!

> Animatrix
    [1]

> Band Of Brothers
    [1][2][3]

> Heroes

Season 1 [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

> Planet Earth

Caves [1] [2]
    Deserts [1] [2]
    Freshwater [1] [2]
    From Pole To Pole [1] [2]
    Great Plains [1] [2]
    Ice Worlds [1] [2]
    Jungles [1] [2]
    Mountains [1] [2]
    Oceans Deep [1] [2]
    Shallow Seas [1] [2]
    Seasonal Forests [1] [2]

> Red Dwarf

Series 1 [1]
    Series 2 [1]
    Series 3 [1]
    Series 4 [1]
    Series 5 [1]
    Series 6 [1]
    Series 7 [1]
    Series 8 [1]

> V
    Complete Series [1]
    Original Mini [1]

[​IMG]

Artwork Thanks:
    AEP
    SteveJobs=God
    DarthVong
    felixflex

[​IMG]

Help For The Uninitiated:
    Just The FAQs, Ma'am

1) Adding/Removing Artwork [ GO ]
    2) Tools of the trade [ GO ]

Energiie inspired the layout above. He makes really cool threads and stuff.

2. macrumors 68000

How many of these threads do we need, honestly? :confused:

3. macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

But this one is more organised and more like the Official iTunes Artwork... Once everything is moved over and in working order I'm sure the others will be delete.

And maybe this one and the official one can be locked at the top of this section.

PS.

Thanks for all your hard work gtyper, much appreciated.

UPDATE

Can I make a request. Not sure if to post in here or contact you through the contact link... Does anyone have Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone? I see that the Sorcerer's Stone is there, but I'm from the UK and would like the one to go with DVD I have.

THANKS

4. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

As Helix said, I was trying to organize the multitude of threads into one "simple" thread and keep a standardized and clean look. I have tons of artwork that I think can enhance the AppleTV/iTunes community and the way the threads were currently set-up ... there was no way to share them.

Thus, I created a thread wherein I will maintain multiple versions of artwork and link to the Official iTunes thread to show when there is an iTunes version available. Clean, fast and efficient. Apple-style.

So, you should be able to use this thread and the Official iTunes thread by energiie and you'll be fully artworked out.

5. macrumors 6502

Can i make a request for artwork for Seven, or Se7en, however you wanna pronounce it lol

Thanks! :)

6. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

Se7en (3 images) & Philosopher's Stone (1 image) Updated.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

I do want to reiterate that this thread is just an extension of the "Official iTunes Artwork" thread. All the hard leg work is really done by energiie ... I just kind of "lifted" what he did and altered it to suit this purpose. He did all the original work - I'm just the skallywag that copied it. All credit really does go to him.

Anyhow, enough kissing of the rear, I think there is a need for the two threads, one for iTunes and one for extra. It's a great little duo ... and it's clean ... thanks to energiie.

8. macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Just wanted to say thanks for the Philosopher's Stone... but :eek: you wouldn't actually have the (or know where to get) the DVD Cover of the Philosopher's Stone? The other one just looks weird... where the others are actually the DVD covers.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Linked removed, as its been updated Thank You!

9. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    [2UK] Updated to UK edition DVD type cover.
    [3UK] = old [2UK]

10. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

Added:
    Into The Wild
    Part of the TV Artwork (Still need to link across to Official iTunes Artwork thread)

Changed Format:
    small text for version of artwork (reduces size of page)

I hope this helps people out. I know it used to be very difficult for me to get art that I needed and I wasn't proficient with any computer-based artistic tools. So, I just hope that I'm providing a service.

Again, make a request and I'll pump it out as quickly as possible (should be able to turn around art in 48 hours or less ... on average)

11. macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hi,

I feel bad for making (all) these requests :eek:

Anyway... I have a Disney Themed Request

Peter Pan
    101 Dalmatians (came out on Monday)
    Beauty & The Beast
    Lady & The Tramp (just won on ebay)
    Tarzan
    The Lion King
    Aladdin

The ones above are not in the iTunes Store - maybe 101 Dalmatians will be soon

Here is a list on the ones I need from iTunes
    Official Ones
    Monsters Inc
    Toy Story 2
    Pocahontas

BTW - thanks for uploading the other Disney ones already mentioned in your thread.

12. macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

gtyper - I assume you have photoshop?

Anyway I uploaded the series The X Files, however as you can see from the thread and photos, they aren't exactly perfect - not everything is in line (the banner)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5066126&postcount=147

If you want I can could e-mail you the original full size covers to see if you can do them any better.

13. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

When I did DVD covers - I used a combo of Photoshop and PC's Paint Shop ... but most of the time, for poster artwork here, I can make do with Preview. Just cleaning images up and moving simple stuff around. Some are more complex, like I wasn't able to do the EXACT image of Peter Pan you previewed (although I do like the images I used ... one is the original artwork for the movie) without opening Photoshop, which is why it's not done yet.

I'll take a look at all that after I get a chance to finish up your requests.

14. macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Thank you for all your hard work...

I feel bad for saying that :eek: but the covers look weird. I think its because I'm used to see them with the new DVD Cover... so what's I'm doing right now is scanning the actual covers of the DVD... but from there I know how to crop them down to the front cover, but I don't have anything (like photoshop) to removed the UK Rating, the Disney DVD Logo from the corner, and the Wording (like Platinum Edition) from them.

I requested, the cover, before I managed to get a scanner to work properly with my brothers PC. (i'm on mac, maybe that was a problem to begin with). I can scan most of the covers I mentioned, but just have no way to edit them to the way iTunes look like.

15. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

I have the DVD cover in high resolution, I just haven't had a chance to fuss with it. As for the "weirdness", in some cases 'yes' it should be "weird" and "unique" compared to the DVD for most of the stuff that I do. I find that cover art from studios typically is boring and stale. They throw actor's faces up on the cover to sell the DVD rather than using the official artwork of the movie (which is usually superior).

In the case of Disney movies ... the stuff is great on the DVD cover. There are no actors, so there is no problem there.

When I get a chance, I'll upload the clean (no text) version of the DVD cover.

16. AEP
    macrumors member

Great work gtyper,

Any chance i could put in a request.

Was hoping for, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, The Holiday and Pursuit of Happyness.

could make a VERY long request list but i'll give others a chance. :D

Keep up the good work.

:apple:

17. macrumors G3

Kilamite

18. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

Added your movies.

19. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

In some cases, you can get great artwork from Google Images. For the most part, you won't get them in the resolution you require (all my art is downsized to 1000X1500, no loss of quality) and the artwork normally isn't clean from text.

Most people don't have the time, skill and/or inclination to do the dirty work to clean it up. So, housing it makes it easy.

Feel free to contribute.

20. AEP
    macrumors member

Thanx!

Thanks, you rock keep up the good work. :D

21. macrumors member

22. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

I assume you mean Superman Returns?

Uploaded.

23. macrumors member

Yep, thanks. I just finished watching Batman Begins when I posted, so that explains the mix up :D

24. thread starter macrumors regular

gtyper

Not a problem. Let me know if the artwork helped you out ... and which one you chose. As I mentioned in the PM, I had a preference, but wondered which you preferred.

25. macrumors 603

roland.g

This is a great thread as it has lots of stuff not in the iTS store