iTunes US/UK. Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheiPod, Jul 9, 2006.

1. TheiPod macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2006
    hello, i live in england and have been using iTunes UK for my iPod but after checking the US iTunes, i can see there's far more downloadable content on it.
    my question is:
    can i create an account on iTunes US and use that to download?
    please can somebody in the know reply ASAP,
  2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

Jul 24, 2002
    To create an account on ANY countries store you need a credit card with a billing address in that country. If you have a credit card with a US billing account then yes, otherwise no.
  3. TheiPod thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2006
  4. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    Or if you have a US paypal account, and an adress of a friend or relative in the USA you can;)
  5. Rajanna macrumors newbie

May 26, 2006
    set up u.s. account

One way of doing it would be to open a U.S. itunes account. You will need a U.S. address. Subsequently purchase a itune gift certificate through ebay. Once you feed in the gift certificate details you will get credit into your itunes U.S. account.
  6. northernpaul macrumors member

Feb 20, 2008
    Sorry for resurrecting an old threat, but this seems like a good place to ask the question. Can someone answer me a question based on this scenario:-

- X already has a UK iTunes account, and has used it to buy content in the UK store. This is synced to an iPod

- X buys a US gift certificate, and uses the technique below to create an additional US account on iTMS

- Can X then play content from *both* the UK and US store in the *same* iTunes library?

- Can X's iPod play content purchased from both accounts?

7. jimN macrumors 6502a

Jun 23, 2005
    In a word, "yes". The iPod doesn't care where the content is from. I do this myself without any problems.
  8. FireArse macrumors 6502a

Oct 29, 2004
    as far as Im aware...

There is a limit of 5 iTMS accounts on an iPod - I think this applies in your case too (should you sync many accounts on an iPod)