itunes Video DRM

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CANEHDN, Feb 9, 2007.

1. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

You guys know of something that will allow me to burn the itunes shows I've bought to a dvd. I'd like to watch them on the tv through the dvd player. It's for personal use only. I just would like to sit on the couch and watch the shows. I know the iTV will "fix" this. But until it's released that doesn't fix my problem. I tried Tunebit but that program sucks. It doesn't give streaming quality stuff from the original file.

2. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

It's not exactly the solution you're looking for, but you can buy an adapter at the Apple store that can hook your computer to your tv as a second monitor. I recently did this, and it's neat, but you have to have your computer within A/V cable distance of your TV (which mine just happens to be at the moment).

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Or, if you have an iPod 5G or 5.5G buy the AV cable for it and hook that up to your TV.

B

4. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I've thought of both of those options already. I was hoping to burn it to the DVD. That way I could also play it in the car DVD player.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Do you have a mini DV camcorder?

If so, hook up the output of your Mac or iPod to the camcorder and hook the firewire from the camcorder to the firewire on your Mac and import straight into iDVD.

It'll take up much more space and you'll lose quality from transcoding H.264 to MPEG-2, but it should work....

B

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

can u locate the file in your harddrive and burn it with app "Burn" as a DVD?

7. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

You could also set up the camcorder to record the Mac's screen while playing the video. This will bypass the h264 to mpeg-2 transcoding.

;)

8. CANEHDN thread starter macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

So it looks like no one really knows of some software that does it or something else. These are good ideas but a lot of hastle.

9. road dog macrumors regular

there's no software that can do this... you don't own these videos... you rent them from apple (even though they say you buy them)... because if you owned them you could do what you wanted with them (such as burn them) instead of just playing them where they want you to play them - on your iPod or on your AppleTV and on your iPhone... see the trend there... there's no money for apple to make if you can burn these to DVD.... but selling more devices... that's gold jerry.