iTunes video sound playback on remote speakers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by qtip919, Nov 7, 2005.

1. qtip919 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if it is possible to play itunes videos and broadcast the sound into the speakers via airtunes?

I play all of my music from my powerbook in to my home audio system, and I LOVE some of the versions of the music that are in the videos I have purchased (see: Original of the Species by U2)...

The problem is that once a video song comes on, the music switches back to my laptop speakers making for a terrible end-user experience...

This lack of functionality really lends speculation to the idea that Apple is developing a video capable Airport Express...

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I wonder if AirFoil would help... I don't know whether it'll work with iTunes videos, but it might be worth a try. :)

3. qtip919 thread starter macrumors 6502

Brilliant!!!

It works!!!

I have been looking for an app that can do this for months...had no idea Airfoil existed

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

4. marknicholls macrumors 6502

With AirFoil, can you watch a Video, but send the audio to more than 1 express?

Thanks

5. doug.hall macrumors regular

When you used airfoil did you not find the picture and sound were out of sync? Thats what I found when I used it. If not then thats great news and they must have fixed that problem.

Doug

6. marknicholls macrumors 6502

I hear it works well with VLC

7. marknicholls macrumors 6502

has anyone her sucessfully played a divx/mpeg using VLC and streamed the audio to 1 or more express's without the audio lagging behind?

8. marknicholls macrumors 6502

has anyone her sucessfully played a divx/mpeg using VLC and streamed the audio to 1 or more express's without the audio lagging behind?

9. marknicholls macrumors 6502

ey Guys

Before i buy a mac mini, i wanna make sure i can use VLC to play music videos, and stream to 3 or more express's with the audio and video staying in sync, can anyone confirm if airfoil and VLC will work well in this situation?

Many Thanks