itunes Video streaming problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JoeJoe, Mar 7, 2007.

1. JoeJoe macrumors member

Hi,

So, I am 2/3 of the way through BSG season 2 (yes I am a geek, but man that is a good show!). I downloaded seasons 1 and 2 from itunes onto my mac mini (1.5 ghz/512 ram/tiger).

I have been succesfully streaming the video(via file sharing/airport extreme) to my powerbook G4(1.25ghz/1.5 ram/tiger) and hooking it up to my 50" DLP.

Anyway, everything has worked great until just recently when the video starts to "stagger" or "freeze"....I'm sure there is a technical word for it, but I don't know what it is. It's just very irritating and not watchable, really.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I ran "ultimate task" on both machines(probably a no no?), which is supposed to do everything from repair permissions to run your chron scripts(?). But, to no avail. The picture still "staggers"(maybe "halts" is a better term).

I went back to some previous episodes hoping it was a problem with the current episode(black market - looks like another goodie!), but that was not it - they now stagger too!

Is it my airport? hardware? ram? I have plenty(more than 20GB) of disk space on both machines if that matters.

I can always watch it on my mini, but that's not as fun(yes, I am - as stated previously - a geek).

Any advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

Take care, and thanks as always.

edit>> I also have shut everything down but itunes on both machines. No help.

2. nazmac21 macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

I think this could be lost wireless signal at that point. This happens to me sometimes.

Also it could be a problem with the video itself. Some videos just stop buffering at random times.