iTunes Videos no longer open up in separate window? :(

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by powerbook911, Sep 21, 2008.

1. macrumors 68040

powerbook911

In the brand new itunes, whenever I play a video file, it covers up all of itunes. I liked when it opened a separate popup window. Anyway to go back to that? Thanks.

2. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Preferences -> Playback

You can set videos to play in a separate window there.

3. macrumors newbie

netnole

Preferences -> Playback is NOT correct. In iTunes 10.4 (80) you simply right click on the video and select play in seperate window.

4. macrumors 6502

It was correct two years ago when the thread was made.

5. macrumors newbie

I want separate window playback option back

Yep - they've taken it away from us

C'mon Apple - give this one back!

6. macrumors 6502

johnmcboston

Yah, I'm pissed as well. I still want to work with itunes when a video is playing. This should still be a preference setting.

7. macrumors 6502

if you right click the video there is an option to play in separate window. I noticed that it doesn't want to play in a separate window if its an iTunes extras video though.

8. macrumors regular

the weird thing is, the option is availabe in the Windows version of iTunes, but absent in the Mac version...

9. macrumors 6502

This is what I get when I right click on a movie.

Attached Files:

10. macrumors newbie

Mac version menu

To get the menu in the Mac version of iTunes, simply CTRL+Click on the video window. You will get a menu similar to that which rodman109110 shows above, but it will say "Play Video in Separate Window." That is, unless you're already seeing it in a separate window, in which case that item will read "Play Video in iTunes Window."

11. macrumors newbie

Found Missing Option

If you were like me and were looking for missing play in separate video option on play on seperate display of for videos in iTunes, tried control clocking or right clicking the video and found the option no longer there, i have just found where it went, open the video in iTunes then right click on the playing video itself and the options are now there