iTunes Visualizer for classical music?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jrv3034, Jan 15, 2004.

1. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Helllo, all. I'm sitting here listening to some Brahms, and I put on the iTunes visualizer, but it doesn't look right. Visualizer seems designed for pop/rock/energetic tunes. I'm wondering if there's a similar program for OSX that produces more subtle, moody visuals, suitable for classical music? Heck, not even Tchaicovsky's slam-bang themes look right in visualizer...

Any ideas?

2. itmdramaguy macrumors newbie

Hey, I tried the visualizer with a classical radio station and it looked weird. Then I changed the Equalizer from Pop to Classical and it looks a lot more "classical". I hope this helps. It looks better on my machine anyway.

3. 68k_575 macrumors newbie

Try GForce. It's basically a souped-up version of the main iTunes visualizer, and allows you to compensate for a quiet file.

4. altair macrumors regular

I miss Eclipse, the visualizer from SoundJamMP...sigh...

5. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

wow i just tried this now and it's very clear. i think the reason is simply that the visuals are triggered by transients and most of the instruments in classical and orchestral music all have a slow attack. even a pizz or staccato string has a considerably longer attack than say a drum, or a plucked guitar. interesting to see.