iTunes Volume Normalizer Alternatives

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dotdotdot, Apr 21, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    One thing I hate about my iPod shuffle is that it sounds too good. Why do I hate this? Well, it sounds SO good that any difference in volume is clearly audible. SO, I tryed to use the iTunes built in Sound Check, which just made every song lower volume. I want to be able to adjust the volume of every song so it doesn't go to such a low volume.

How can I do this?
  2. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

Mar 5, 2005
    I'm not even sure the volume adjustment in iTunes is retained in the iPod (esp. the shuffle).
    If you're looking for summit for iTunes itself, try "Volume Logic", nut this does things "on the fly" as it were.
    What tracks do you have problems with? When ripping from CD all the volumes are directly from the CD so no probs there, and all the volumes from the iTMS seem pretty normalised?
    You may have to keep the old fingers on the shuffle's volume buttons!
  3. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Well I got stuff from some DVD-Audio CDs (I don't know why they aren't popular, because they sound incredible!) and they are of such high volumes because anything lower sounds horrible on my computer and regular iPod but not on the shuffle.

Also, I have some Beatles stuff and older stuff (especially from the 1980s, older to ME, anyway) which I made the volume higher for to be able to actually HEAR stuff...

Oh well, I guess the + buttom could get some excercise!
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    in iTunes you can adust the volume on a song by song basis in the get info window, to do multiple groupings at once just highlight the songs that you want at the same level, get info and from there you can adjust it

dont know if that helps you though