Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sick70malibu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
So today I have been playing around on my Ibook, and i plugged in my 1st gen Ipod touch and after waiting 10 minutes Itunes still said there was no ipod attached....I tried downloading Itunes v8 in but it wouldnt install for some strange reason. Currently I believe v4 is on here, any help is MUCH appreciated

raysfan81

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2009
So today I have been playing around on my Ibook, and i plugged in my 1st gen Ipod touch and after waiting 10 minutes Itunes still said there was no ipod attached....I tried downloading Itunes v8 in but it wouldnt install for some strange reason. Currently I believe v4 is on here, any help is MUCH appreciated

What os are you running? 10.3 or 10.4? That would make a difference in the latest version you can install. I'm pretty sure iTunes 4 doesn't support the touch.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
How much RAM do you have? I got the version before iPhone 4 support was added to run on my 466 Clamshell which has 256MB of RAM (or 128, I'm not sure to be honest!). It could be a RAM requirement that's the problem.

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home

v4 of what was installed? iTunes? That would explain why it wasn't being recognised, the 1st gen touch needs at least iTunes 7.

sick70malibu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2010
So i updated OSX to 10.4.11 and then got Itunes 7, and when i hooked up the Ipod and I got this "Itunes could not connect to the Ipod "Ipod touch" because an unkown error occured (0xE8000025)"

What does this mean?

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
do other things work on that usb port ?
or could it be the reason is the iphone wants a usb2.0 connection and the iBook G3 only offers a usb1.1 :confused: just a thought ....:confused:

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
So i updated OSX to 10.4.11 and then got Itunes 7, and when i hooked up the Ipod and I got this "Itunes could not connect to the Ipod "Ipod touch" because an unkown error occured (0xE8000025)"

What does this mean?
From a different forum:

0XE8000025 Ipod Touch Error

Hi,
I ran into this same issue and and additional one discussed below.

If this is a fresh ipod touch from the store and it does not show up in itunes then you need reinstall iTunes. This will install Apple Mobile Devices which is what your ipod Touch/Phone needs to show up.

If this error code pops up after a restore go your user/library/itunes/ipod software updates folder and double click on a file called iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw. Make sure to dock your ipod as itunes is starting up. When you select your ipod touch under devices you will see option to restore as new or from backup. Thats all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.