Itunes will not burn cds properly.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by btcomm, Dec 29, 2006.

1. btcomm macrumors regular

Ok, I have an update.

I tried burning a cd in another user and it worked. Then I added more songs like I was in the other user and it had the same thing happen.

So I just reinstalled Itunes 6.0.4 and now I'm trying to burn again.

Is this problem usually related to the actual cd burner drive? Or is it possibly an itunes thing or is the OS to blame? Anyone seen this issue before and fixed it?

Once it's done burning it states that it can't read the cd.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is it possible you have a specific song that is somehow corrupted that is messing up the burn?

3. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

4. btcomm thread starter macrumors regular

I've heard bad things about itunes 7.

Also, I tried burning a cd in finder and it did the same thing, mac os could not read the volume after it was done.

5. Ridge macrumors newbie

Yeah, I'm having the exact same problem. I've even tried burning Cd's in Toast Titanium, and the CD burns fine, but when I put it into a player. I can see the files, but they will not play. I'm on a MacBookPro. any help would be appreciated?

6. Sayer macrumors 6502a

Sayer

I had a lot of problems using the CD burner in the Power Mac G5 I use at work. I finally tracked down the OEM firmware updates and a Mac app that let me burn the OEM firmware to the drive, which was several versions newer than the last Apple "Superdrive" firmware update.

Since then the CD burning has worked as expected, no coasters at all.

Sounds like a similar problem to me, or its just the particular brand of media you are using (cheap doesn't mean better).

I got the info on flashing the Superdrive firmware from here:

http://www.macos.utah.edu/documentation/hardware/pm_g5_superdrive_fix.html

It looks all Power Mac G5-specific, but you should be able to get a newer firmware and flash on other (newer) Macs.