Itunes will not recongnize a ipod is plugged in?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sail0r, Dec 6, 2005.

1. sail0r macrumors newbie

Hi,

I just restored my ipod mini and plugged it in. Itunes will not pick up that there is an ipod plugged in.

I already tried re-installing itunes and restoring the ipod again.

What should I do?

Thanks

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Mac or Windows? Which version of iTunes? Which version of the iPod software?

3. rosalindavenue macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

Are you using windows or a mac? My windows PC is slow to find my ipod; sometimes it takes 30 seconds. Also, it wont find my ipod if more than one user is logged on (I dont know why this is).

The first thing I would do is reinstall itunes (which you already did). Next I would go to apple.com and download the most recent ipod updater and connect my ipod and run that. That should clear things up.

4. sail0r thread starter macrumors newbie

I am operating with Windows XP Pro. I have just down loaded the newest versions of itunes and ipod updater.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Did you restore the iPod from a Mac or PC? A PC will not read a Mac-formatted iPod natively but it should still come up in the iPod Software Updater. Maybe try restoring it again. :)

From memory, the minis have to be plugged into the power adaptor (not a computer) after being restored too in order to finish loading their firmware properly. Have you done this?

6. sail0r thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done everything recomended still no luck