iTunes Windows Auto Import?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Kenny Pollock, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Kenny Pollock macrumors regular

Not sure where to post this, as it is regarding *gasp* Windows.
    I recently built another PC for my family to use, and they like to download music.

I want to know if there is a way to do this (or a 3rd party application to do this):

1) Music is downloaded into folder
    2) If iTunes is open it auto imports the music from that folder, maybe a sync thing where if the song is not in iTunes then it's imported into library.. or if iTunes is closed, when it is opened it does the same thing.

Possible?
    I know I'm pushing it, and it seems less likely that this can be done, but how about when songs are imported they're automatically converted to AAC and their MPEG (MP3) version is auto-deleted?

Thanks.

2. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

sooooooooooo......

you are asking us to help you hook up Kazaa to iTunes. Ummmmm....No. Use the iTunes music store if they want to download music and not have to worry about importing, duplicate files and file formats. Plus, its the legal thing to do.

3. Kenny Pollock thread starter macrumors regular

No, I'm not an idiot- not once did I mention downloading illegally, I could mean downloading from my network, you never know.

I do use the iTMS alot, probably more then alot of the people here.. but I asked a question that I needed an answer for.

4. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

varmit -> Don't be a dick. You can't just assume things like that even if they're most probably true. kidd0 here has a certain.. history.. when it comes to the computing world so it's not a good idea to jump on him..

I mean, I'm pretty sure the majority of the world has done something illegal in their lives but noone jumps on the majority of this majority do they?

So yeah.

And kiddo0 -> as of yet, you can't do that. If they are using kazaa (;)) then try finding an equivilent of poisoned etc. that can add to iTunes and delete the original file on completetion. Alternatively, you could just put a shortcut to the source folder on your desktop or something and just drag it on iTunes every now and then.. which doesn't seem too time consuming..

5. Kenny Pollock thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks mmmdreg..
    Yeah, I was hoping someone made something in VB or similar that could easily accomplish this task.. guess not (yet, at least)

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Check the option in iTunes to copy music to your music folder. Then when downloading music download it to a folder besides your music folder such as a download folder. Occasionally open iTunes and drag all your downloaded music to the iTunes playlist it will automatically copy it to your music folder and add it to your playlist at the same time. Once you do that you can delete the music in your download folder.

7. Kenny Pollock thread starter macrumors regular

I don't want to "drag it over," I want it to be there when the music is downloaded automatically.

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

You need a program that integrates with iTunes then.

9. Kenny Pollock thread starter macrumors regular

10. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

You might ask around the some of the PC forums.

Overclockers is a real nice forum with some helpful people specializing in Win-PCs.