iTunes won't authorize computer? help? (UNRESOLVED STILL) :(

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sketcher28, Aug 28, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Okay, so I have my iPhone and I've purchased apps on it from the store.
    When I go to sync the apps, it shows up with a message to authorize my computer or else the apps will be deleted so I enter the password to authorize it. Then, I get this message:

"There was an error storing your authorization information on this computer. Try doing a repair install on iTunes from the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel."

So I go to repair iTunes and it says that the feature I'm trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

So how do I repair iTunes so I can authorize my computer so I can sync my apps to the computer?

2. thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Okay, so I searched for a manual repair and it worked. For a day. Now, today, it needs to be 'repaired' and authorized again... :confused:

3. macrumors 65816

edtorious

do you have iTunes installed on another computer too? If so, how many?

4. macrumors 6502a

iggypod

If you are at 5 authorizations try to deauthorize all and then reauthorize.

5. macrumors 6502a

Don't you lose everything you bought and paid for then??

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I'm only authorized at this computer. :/
    Same with my brother, and the same thing's happening to him.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hm..

It's still giving me trouble. I'm considering uninstalling and then reinstalling iTunes and hopefully that will renew that repair tool... however, will that erase all of my purchased songs and apps?

8. macrumors 6502

No, your songs and apps are stored separately from the application. You should be able to find these files and back them up if you want to be extra careful.

9. macrumors member

cypher23

icecrystal is correct. The beauty of Apple software is that user data and application data is completely separate so uninstalling/reinstalling won't affect any purchased items. Although, it's not a bad idea to backup your library anyway. Also, usually people get this error when they have music/apps on their iPhone purchased using another iTunes account. Make sure you have your computer authorized with all your iTunes accounts.